Positive activity within various pockets of Naples area real estate contributes to a stable market overall in the second quarter of 2014 as indicated in a report released by the Naples Area Board of REALTORS® (NABOR®), which tracks home listings and sales within Collier County (excluding Marco Island).
"The statistics show key indicators of a stable real estate market in the Naples area with no real significant gains or losses overall in the Second Quarter 2014 compared to the Second Quarter 2013," said NABOR® president Pat Pitocchi. Our statistics, comparing the second quarter 2013 to the second quarter 2014, show that:
- Overall Pending Sales are down 8 percent from 3,197 to 2,949;
- Overall Closed Sales are down 4 percent from 3,165 to 3,054;
- Overall Median Closed Price is up 10 percent from $249,000 to $273,000;
- Overall Inventory is down 9 percent from 4,086 to 3,723.
This has been a good, strong quarter."
The NABOR® Second Quarter 2014 Report provides comparisons of single-family home and condominium sales (via the Southwest Florida MLS), price ranges, and geographic segmentation and includes an overall market summary. The NABOR® Second Quarter 2014 sales statistics are presented in chart format, including these overall (single-family and condominium) findings:
- Overall pending sales decreased 8 percent from 3,197 in the Second Quarter 2013 to 2,949 in the Second Quarter 2014. A 14 percent decrease in the $300,000 and under price category and 6 percent decrease in the $1 to $2 million price category weighted this figure.
- Pending sales for condominiums decreased 7 percent from 1,626 in Second Quarter 2013 to 1,510 in Second Quarter 2014, with reductions reported in all price categories.
- Overall closed sales increased 11 percent for homes priced above $500,000.
- Overall closed sales for homes in the $2 million and above market increased 42 percent from 110 in the Second Quarter 2013 to 156 in the Second Quarter 2014.
- Closed sales for single family homes $300,000 and under decreased 23 percent from 677 in the Second Quarter 2013 to 521 in the Second Quarter 2014.
- The overall median closed price increased 10 percent from $249,000 in Second Quarter 2013 to $273,000 in Second Quarter 2014.
- The overall median closed price decreased 4 percent for homes $1 million to $2 million from $1,387,000 in Second Quarter 2013 to $1,325,000 Second Quarter 2014
- The median closed price for single-family homes in the $2 million and above category decreased 15 percent from $3,225,000 in Second Quarter 2013 to $2,750,000 in Second Quarter 2014.
- Overall inventory decreased 9 percent from 4,086 homes in Second Quarter 2013 to 3,723 homes Second Quarter 2014.
- Inventory in the single family home market increased 4 percent from 1,896 in Second Quarter 2013 to 1,964 in Second Quarter 2014.
- Inventory of condominiums decreased 20 percent from 2,190 condominiums in Second Quarter 2013 to 1,759 condominiums in Second Quarter 2013.
- The overall average days on market are at 94 for Second Quarter 2014.